Health and Social Care (Adult Care) Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 Certificate at RWP Training Ltd
The qualification is appropriate for anyone aged 16 and above who has a caring nature, is able to adapt well to ever changing day to day situations or already has employment with a local employer.
Mandatory units include:
- Introduction to communication
- Engage in personal development
- Promote equality and inclusion
- Principles of implementing duty of care
- Principles of safeguarding & protection
- Role of the health & social care worker
- Promote person-centred approaches
- Promote good practice in handling information
- Promote & implement health & safety in H&S care
Optional unit pathways include:
- Generic HSC pathway
- Dementia pathway
- Learning disability pathway
Applicants should have achieved GCSE grades A*-D or 9-3, show enthusiasm for this sector and have excellent communication skills. Acceptance onto the programme will be subject to qualifications, experience and successfully completing an initial assessment if required and interview. Employment will be subject to satisfactory DBS check.
Assessment will be carried out through a combination of observation of performance, evidence collected in the workplace, assignments, projects, discussions and online tests.
Candidates may wish to progress within their role by undertaking CPD or even the L5 in management if in a management role.
You may already be employed, or we can help you secure a suitable position with a local employer who will support you throughout your apprenticeship. You will be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week whilst being paid the current national minimum apprenticeship wage.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact RWP Training Ltd directly.