PAT Testing Update - Short Course at Acacia Training
To provide the appropriate update information and knowledge for designated staff to carry out electrical safety checks using the PAC500/PB500 electrical testing machine in accordance with legislation.Who Should Apply:
Those with the responsibility to carry out PAT Testing in their workplace. To ensure competency and knowledge is current. Update required every 2 yeaers.
Be the end of the course learners will be able
To understand the need to carry out in-service inspection and test.
• To recognise the requirements in law associated with in-service inspection and test.
• To understand the responsibility of the duty holder
• To recognise types and classes of equipment
• To carry out inspections and tests of class 1 and II equipment
• To be able to report on the condition of tested equipment
• Individuals should leave the training course with an enhanced knowledge of the content of the 4th Edition of The IET Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.
• In addition they should be confident to work within their environment as both inspector and test operative of equipment and systems which has been deemed to be within their scope and capability
- Be able to examine the relevant aspects in legislation
- Have the knowledge to make regular visual checks on electrical equipment
- Have enough information on the PAC500/PB500 machine (theory) to allow safe testing equipment
- Have had the chance to undergo practical use of the PAC500/PB500 testing equipment
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Acacia Training directly.