MATHS - with Mechanics - AS/A2 Level (AQA) at The Crypt School
Both AS & A2 Maths with Mechanics are one year courses and are offered as part of a full time study programme
Algebra, Functions, Sequences, Co-Ordinate Geometry, Transformations, Differentiation, Integration, Trigonometry and Exponential/Logarithms. There is a particular emphasis on problem solving.
Mathematical Modelling, Kinematics in one and two dimensions, Statics and Forces, Momentum, Newton’s Laws of Motions, Connected Particles and Projectiles.
Further Algebra, Functions, Transformations, Further Differentiation and Integration, Numerical Methods, Further Trigonometry and Exponential/Logarithms. Once again here is a particular emphasis on problem solving.
Mechanics: 33% Further Mathematical Modelling, Moments and Centres of Mass, Kinematics, Applications of Differential Equations, Uniform Circular Motion, Vertical Circular Motion and Work and Energy.
As well as the standard Crypt Sixth form entry requirements, a minimum of an Grade A in GCSE Mathematics is preferred. Will consider high grade B
AS : Mathematics - two papers C1 & C2 67%, Mechanics M1 33%
A2 : Mathematics - two papers C3 & C4 67%, Mechanics M2 33%
1) University for Maths related degrees.
2) Wishing to pursue Engineering careers.
3) Wishing to pursue Financial/Business careers.
5) Wishing to pursue any career where Mathematics is a significant support.
Who should apply for the course?
Students who :-
1) Enjoy Mathematics and are ‘good’ at this subject.
2) Are good at problem solving and enjoy logical thinking.
3) Enjoy challenges!
4) Will find Mathematics helpful in other subjects, eg. Physics, Chemistry, Economics
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Crypt School directly.