Childcare Level 2 at Rotherham College
Do you aspire to pursue a career within the education, health or care sector?
Whether you are looking for a career as a nursery assistant, nursery officer, early year’s practitioner, nurse, social worker, support worker, health care professional or work in the allied health professions then we have the programme of study for you. We offer nationally recognised qualifications which meet the needs of students, employers and the industry.
Our excellent work placement opportunities provide you with first-hand experience of working in the sector, allow you to apply theory to practice and gain an insight into the work roles available. Opportunities include organisations such as The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust, care and residential homes, day nurseries, pre-schools, infant schools, special schools, voluntary organisations and child-minders.
Our highly skilled and experienced tutors and links with employers will ensure you are supported to achieve your career goals, are work ready and well prepared to join the workforce or progress onto further study.
A very high percentage of our students progress into employment within the sector and also to Higher Education degrees including nursing, social work, early years teaching, allied health professions and foundation degrees.
You could begin your career within the childcare and early years sector and acquire the skills and knowledge to set you on a pathway to becoming an early years practitioner. The course is one year.
What will I study?
•Develop your communication with children and adults
•Develop your skills in play and learning
•Develop professional practice
•Understand the importance of health and safety
•Undertake 200 hours of work experience in placement
What added value will I receive?
As part of the course you will complete a paediatric first aid qualification.
• One GCSE at grade C or above plus three GCSEs at grade D, one of which must be in English
• Level 1 Diploma in Health and Social Care or Childcare with a team recommendation
• You will be required to have a clear DBS check and provide two positive references
• Assignments, practical activities and presentations
• Professional practice will be assessed through observation and reports from supervisors
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees. Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees. Contact the Enquiries on the details below for advice and guidance on:
T: 01709 722777
• By completing this diploma you will have the opportunity to progress into employment within the childcare sector within a supervised role
• Progress to a Level 3 Diploma provided that you have English and maths GCSEs at grade C or above
For more details please contact the Enquiry Team on:
T: 01709 722777
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.