English Literature A Level at Southfield School for Girls Specialist Sports and Science College
Why should i study English Literature?
It can you help you to develop communication skills which are valuable for future employment.
It helps you to develop skills in critical analysis.
It can help you become more aware of important social and historical issues.
It combines well with a range of other subjects.
English Literature a two year course, leading to A2 examinations. In preparation, you will study:
- variety of literary texts from different time and literary periods, such as a Shakespeare play or a modern novel,
- fiction and non-fiction texts of different genres,
- the social, historical and literary contexts of texts,
- different literary theories.
You will also develop a range of skills, such as:
- the knowledge and understanding needed to discuss literature in an analytical and discriminating way,
- how to compare texts written in different genres and from different time periods,
- the ability to interpret texts in different ways,
- how to write essays effectively.
At least Grade 6 in GCSE English Literature and Grade 6 in GCSE English Language.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southfield School for Girls Specialist Sports and Science College directly.