Geography AS and A Level at Alder Grange Community and Technology School
A Geography student will learn to explore the relationship between the physical environment (locally and globally) and human interaction. The course is delivered using a range of teaching and learning styles including group work and presentations enabling an independent approach to learning.
At AS Level:
- Physical and Human Geography - core geographical concepts along with contrasting themes of contemporary or environmental impact, management and sustainability.
- Geographical Skills - investigative, cartographic, graphical, ICT and statistical skills.
At A2 Level:
- Contemporary Geographical Issues - An issues-based approach to contemporary geographical themes.
- 4a Geography Fieldwork Investigation - This unit gives candidates the opportunity to extend an area of the subject content into a more detailed fieldwork study. Candidates analyse and evaluate their fieldwork in response to the questions set. In addition, candidates will be assessed on fieldwork skills.
- 4b Geographical Issue Evaluation - An advance information booklet is pre-released 2 months prior to the exam to facilitate candidates’ research into an area, which extends from the specification content.
C or 5 in Geography or Humanities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Alder Grange Community and Technology School directly.