IT User Skills BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Lambeth College
You will study the following topics:
- Reviewing and adapting IT tools and systems and developing and testing solutions to improve performance
- Managing information storage and retrieval and troubleshooting IT system problems
- Using internet browser tools and software to navigate web pages and communicate online
- Entering, developing, combining and formatting data
- Creating, manipulating and editing images
- Desktop publishing using designs and page layouts for publications
- Inputting and combining text within publications and developing editing and formatting techniques
- Multimedia software - editing and formatting multimedia content
- Website software for structuring and styling websites, preparing content and learning publishing techniques
- Presentation software for structuring, editing and formatting slide sequences and preparing slideshows for presentations
- Spreadsheet software – using appropriate formulas and data analyse tools
- Word processing software - creating and modifying layout and structures for documents
You will be required to complete a College initial and diagnostic assessment and have an interview.
In the assessment you will need to achieve a minimum of Level 1 in English or Maths.
You will be expected to have 4 GCSEs at D grade or above, or an equivalent vocational qualification at Level 1, and have a commitment to study Maths and English to Level 2.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lambeth College directly.