Art AS/A2 Level at Holte School
It is also essential for students to:
• Be able to draw from direct observation, then develop, express and communicate creative ideas.
• Have some understanding of design history via: research, visual analysis, written and verbal presentation.
• Explore, experiment and utilise a range of materials, techniques and processes.
• Have the capacity to develop and express ideas and concepts.
• Possess the ability to communicate ideas, messages, meanings and information and assess how artists have done so.
• Show competence at undertaking research and developing visual language skills.
Unit 1 - Coursework Portfolio - 60%
Unit 2 - Controlled Assignment - 40%
Unit 3 - Personal Study - 60%
Unit 4 - Controlled Assignment - 40%
5 GCSE’s grade A*-C including English and Mathematics.
B grade minimum in GCSE : Art, Ceramics or Art Graphics.
This is in line with OCR procedure.
Assessments are tutor led. These are internally assessed and externally sampled.
This course could also potentially help apply for a Higher Education course at degree or HND level. You could apply to attend Art College for a one year Foundation Course before applying for degree courses in a variety of subjects: architecture, interior design, fashion design, fine art, 3D design.
Career prospects are varied and you may wish to pursue a variety of pathways: architect, artist, designer, illustrator, lecturer, teacher, graphic designer, photographer, media or pursing a career in working within the Arts at galleries or historical sites around Britain.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holte School directly.