Media Studies AS & A Level at The City of Liverpool College
This is a broad-based introduction to Media Studies and is likely to appeal to students who are interested in the world of communication and the arts. The subject sits well in an A Level programme that includes subjects such as English, Film Studies or Communication and Culture.
Throughout your studies on our A Level Media course you will:
- Examine a comprehensive and integrated coverage of media theory and practice
- Focus on new technologies
- Cover audiences as both producers and consumers of media texts
- Have the opportunity to investigate what interests you
- Have a choice of cross-media studies
- Examine contemporary issues and debates
- Become prepared for progression into work or higher education in a range of media-related areas
The course units are as follows;
- Unit 1 - Media Representations and Responses
- Unit 2 - Media Production Processes (Coursework)
- Unit 3 - Media Investigation and Production (Coursework)
- Unit 4 - Media: Text, Industry and Audience
- The most important entry requirement is that you are committed and determined to do well
- You must achieve a minimum of 2 Grade B's and 3 Grade C's (including English) or equivalent (this equivalency will be discussed at our information evening and then in further detail at interview)
- All places are conditional on results, subject to interview in June/July and a suitable reference from your school.
Higher Education Degree courses in Media Employment opportunities Vocational training in media.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The City of Liverpool College directly.