Health and Social Care BTEC Diploma Level 2 at City of Wolverhampton College
During this course you will study a variety of units:
- Human lifespan development
- Health and social care values
- Effective communication in health and social care
- Promoting health and wellbeing
- Impact of nutrition on health and wellbeing
- Equality and diversity in health and social care
- Healthy living
- Human body systems and care of disorders
- Services in health and social care
- Creative and therapeutic activities in health and social care
We want you to be as passionate about health and social care as we are and we want you to learn, achieve and succeed in your chosen career. This new one year course gives you the opportunity to develop the underpinning knowledge in a variety of health and social care topics. Students who complete this course successfully have the opportunity to progress on to the second year Level 3 course in Health and Social Care.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above OR
- Successful completion of the BTEC Health and Social Care Level 1 Diploma
You will be continually assessed throughout the programme using a variety of methods including: 2 externally set examinations, written reports, poster presentations, workbooks and witness testimony activities.
On successful completion you may choose to progress onto the Level 3 90 credit Diploma in Health and Social Care or enter the world of work as a health and social care practitioner.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Wolverhampton College directly.