Health and Social Care BTEC Level 3 at Shoreham Academy
Students complete at least 200 hours work experience across three different placement settings during the two year period. These experiences can be facilitated by the sixth form centre and the student themselves. Students have the opportunity to complete additional training within their work experience programme if deemed appropriate to the provider.
This course will provide opportunities for you to:
- Actively engage in the processes of health and social care in order to develop as an effective and independent student.
- Understand aspects of personal development, and the health, social care and early years sectors, through investigation and evaluation of a range of services and organisations.
- Develop a critical and analytical approach to problem solving within the health, social care and early years sectors.
- Examine the issues which affect the nature and quality of human life, including appreciation of diversity and cultural issues.
- Develop your awareness of the influences on an individual’s health and wellbeing.
- Understand the importance of motivation and support when improving health.
5 GCSEs A*-C, including Maths and English.
This course is internally assessed according to the BTEC Pearson Edexcel guidelines. This means the course is 100% coursework.
Students will complete units 1,2,3,4 and 7 and 8 and begin units 44 and 6 as part of their coursework. All of these units have to be completed by the end of Year 12 in order to progress to Year 13. Students also need to have completed 150 hours of a total of 200 hours work experience in order to progress to Year 13.
Students will complete their remaining 50 hours work experience and complete units 5,44,6,12 and 45.
Students can continue studying this subject area through different qualification routes. Possible routes - University Courses related to the health care professions. Students can go on to become doctors, workers in early years services such as nurseries, dentists, dieticians, nurses, social workers and midwives to mention just a few.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shoreham Academy directly.