RSL Level 3 Music Practitoner Performance at Hertfordshire College of Music
The Level 3 Performance course is designed to enable students to master industry ready skills in diverse disciplines from performing and composing through to music technology and music business. You will develop advanced performance and musicianship skills at this level. The Level 3 Diploma leads to a deeper understanding of the music industry and requires a more descriptive, analytical and evaluative approach.
- The course offers many units based around the music industry including:
- Similar units to Level 2 but to a much more in depth level of understanding
- Understanding musical styles and influences from the history of contemporary music
- Setting up back-line for live and studio sound
- Recording skills
- Music Event Management
- Improvisation skills
Minimum of GCSE Grade 4/C in English & Maths or Merit at Level 2
There is no final exam. Each module is assessed either on an individual or group basis depending upon the assignment. There is both practical and written coursework as well as opportunities to take Graded Instrumental Exams.
Fully funded for 16 to 18 year olds. 19+ please enquire. £100 enrichment fee also applies
- On successful completion of Level 3 you have the opportunity to:
- Progress to a Foundation Degree, Honours degree or further training in a music or music business related discipline
- Employment within the music business
- Progress to the second year of study to achieve a Level 3 Extended Diploma
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertfordshire College of Music directly.