Sport - BTEC Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure level 1 at Kirklees College, Dewsbury Centre
If you want to work in the sport and leisure industry, this course is a great first step.
With both practical and theory based lessons, you will cover:
- taking part in sport,
- assisting at a sport and leisure event,
- improving your own fitness,
- risks and hazards in sport and active leisure,
- taking part in exercise and fitness,
- how the body works,
- planning your own fitness programme,
- assisting a leader of sports,
- sports and active leisure project,
- job opportunities in sport and active leisure.
You will also be expected to work towards English and maths as part of your qualification.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English at grade 2 and maths at grade 1 or above, and 2 other GCSEs grade 2 or above ideally to include PE or a sports background.
There are no formal exams. You will be
assessed to nationally set standards throughout
the year through various activities, such as:
• Groups presentations
• Written assessments
• Practical demonstrations
• Fitness tests
• Group activities
As a full time student you should not need to pay any course or examination fees (under 19).
There may be a cost for equipment, educational visits, printing etc.
BTEC Diploma in Sport level 2.
You can enter employment in the sport, leisure and recreation industries.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.