Bricklaying Level Two Diploma at City College Plymouth
Keen to take your practical craftsmanship and technical know-how skills to the next level? Want to keep up with current practices and new techniques? Our course will teach you sound principles and best practice for site brickwork and bricklaying. It will develop your craft skills to work at recognised industrial standards within the bricklaying trade. You will learn new masonry, block work and brickwork skills as well as developing those skills learnt at level 1.
The main subjects covered are:
- health and safety
- industry organisation
- working at heights
- setting out buildings
- brick and block walling.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
In our experience in order to be successful on this level of course you will need one of the following:
- four GCSEs at grades D-F (including English and maths)
- a BTEC foundation diploma in a related subject
- an NVQ level 1/technical certificate in a related subject
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
You will be assessed under simulated working conditions in the construction workshops, classrooms and College construction site. You will also have unit end tests and three practical tests.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- a level 3 bricklaying course at the College, or
- an Apprenticeship in the sector, or
- gain employment as, for example, an improver bricklayer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.