Food Safety in Catering Refresher Level 3 at Acacia Training
Food safety regulations and best practice are constantly changing, and in order to guarantee safe food for consumers, food business supervisors must keep their knowledge up to date. This qualification reminds candidates of their supervisory responsibilities towards food safety, refreshes candidates knowleges of food safety and encourages best practice within the workplace.Who Should Apply:
All candidates who have taken the CIEH Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering are recommended to take a refresher course three years after completion.
Successful completion of the training programme and end test will enable students to
- Understand the requirements of current Food Legislation.
- Understand the importance of following good personal hygiene habits, and the appropriate use of protective clothing.
- Identify the factors contributing to food contamination and the steps necessary to avoid food poisoning.
- Describe the meaning of safe and hazardous temperature zones and the precautions to be taken in handling and storing high-risk foods.
- Understand the correct procedures for cleaning and disinfection, and safe food storage in ambient and temperature controlled environments
- Be familiar with HACCP from delivery to service
- N.B.. Candidates must provide proof of identity which must include a photograph of the candidate
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Acacia Training directly.