Biology at Aston Academy
Interested in heart disease? Curious about tropical diseases? Want to know where all your energy comes from? If you enjoy a challenge and want to sharpen your investigative skills and be successfully prepared for either a career in science or university. If the answer is yes, A' Level Biology is the course for you
· Biological Molecules
· Organisms exchange substances with their environment
· Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
· Energy transfers in and between organisms
· Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
· Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
· The control of gene expression
5 GCSEs at grade C/5 or above, including English Language and a minimum of a 6 in Mathematics. An A or A* in Biology or Additional Science is strongly recommended, with a B grade being the minimum requirement.
Biology opens up a number of opportunities covering careers in biomedicine, medicine, veterinary sciences, sports science, nutrition, teaching, botany, research (of many varieties) and many, many more.
To find out more about this qualification, contact us, ask your Careers Adviser or a member of the Post 16 Team.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.