Wood Occupations Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
This Apprenticeship will suit such job roles as:
Site carpenter working on a construction site or in domestic and commercial premises, to given specifications, ncarrying out site carpentry to first and second fixing (door frames, hanging doors, boxing pipes, window frames and floor joists)
Bench joiner working in a joiners shop producing wood products, to given specifications, for use by the site carpenter, such as doors, window frames and stair cases.
Using machinery in the production of products plays an important part within the joiners shop.
This Apprenticeship programme is made up of the following five components:
1. Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (competence). Choose one pathway.
- Site Carpentry
- Bench Joinery
Mandatory units for the two pathways include:
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Setting Up and Using Transportable Cutting and Shaping Machines in the Workplace
2. Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry <span underline OR Level 2 Diploma in Bench Joinery (knowledge)
3. Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths
4. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
5. Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS)
You must be employed in a suitable wood occupations role and hold the following qualifications:
4 GCSEs at grade D or above including English and maths.
Regular monitoring and assessment in both the workplace and at college.
NVQ work is assessed on an on-going basis through documented evidence of site activity.
Synoptic practical competence test and synoptic knowledge testing.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Wood Occupations
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.