Music AS/A2 Level at Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College
AS Music :
- Performing. Students will perform a12 minute programme toinclude solos and a choice of a second instrument, ensemblemusic, improvising or a performance of their own composition.They will also have a 5 minute discussion with the examiner.
- Composing. Students will submit some composition exercises and either a composition or arrangement.
- Introduction to Historical Studies. Students will study a number of set works and complete short and essay style questions in a formal exam.
A2 Music :
- Performing. Students will give a recital of about 15 minutes and also undertake a 5 minute viva voce.
- Composing. Students will complete a set of compositional tasks from given genres.
- Historical and Analytical Studies. Students will study one musical period in depth and answer questions of a specific and more general nature in a formal exam.
- GCSE grade A* - B (or equivalent )
- Students MUST be prepared to have individual instrumental or vocal lessons to support the Performing aspect of the course.
- Students are expected to take part in dept ensembles to support their learning.
- Performing is assessed by a visiting examiner.
- Composing is submitted as coursework.
- Historical Studies is assessed by a written formal exam.
- Grade 5 or equivalent on an instrument or voice
- Grade 5 theory would be an advantage
- Good music notation reading skills
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College directly.
Last updated date: 05 May 2015