AS/A2 Biology at Sandringham School
Students will develop a greater understanding of biology and the world around them, gaining an appreciation of their significance in today’s changing world. They will develop expertise in practical work
AS (two written units)
- Biological molecules
- Organisms exchange substances with their environment
- Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
A2 (three written units)
- AS units
- Energy transfers in and between organisms
- Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
- Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
An APS of 43+ and BB in GCSE Science (including B in the Biology component of your additional or further additional GCSE) and B in Maths are required. Students must appreciate this is a hard course (definitely not the ‘easy’ Science).
As such, they should be motivated, willing to get involved and have a fundamental interest in Biology. In some ways, Biology is like learning a new language there is a huge volume of material to remember.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sandringham School directly.