Chemistry AS/A2 Level at Hope Academy
Through a combination of theoretical and practical work you will learn:
- to develop an understanding of Chemistry theory and the skills needed to apply subject knowledge to new situations.
- to use theories and models to explain observations.
- to develop an understanding of the link between theory and experiment.
- to appreciate the contributions of Chemistry to society and the responsible use of scientific knowledge and evidence.
- how to bring together knowledge of ways in which different areas of Chemistry relate to each other and to wider issues in society.
Chemistry in Action
Investigative Skills and Practical Skills
Kinetics, Equilibria & Organic Chemistry
Energetics, Redox & Inorganic Chemistry
Or CHEM 6X
Investigative Skills & Practical Skills
Grade B or above in GCSE Chemistry or Core and Additional Science Grade BB.
Advanced level Chemistry:
- Provides you with the necessary background and qualifications to progress to higher education degrees in pure and applied Chemistry and other science degrees including Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Forensic Science and Chemistry related courses.
- Allows you to progress to degrees in Medical Sciences and Medicine related courses.
- Enables you to progress to other non-science related courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hope Academy directly.