Media A Level at Carmel College, a Catholic Academy
The mass media constitutes the most important means by which information, ideas and entertainment are transmitted in our society and are central to contemporary discussion of politics, aesthetics, social identity and cultural rights.
The AQA Media Studies AS and A Level courses encourage candidates to:
- enhance their enjoyment and appreciation of the media and its role in their daily lives
- develop critical understanding of the media through engagement with media products
- and concepts and through the creative application of practical skills
- explore production processes, technologies and other relevant contexts
- become independent in research skills and their application in their practical work and in developing their own views and interpretations.
A minimum of a C grade in English language at GCSE is required.
Media studies are rapidly becoming one of the most popular choices for undergraduate studies. A qualification in this subject can lead not only to a rewarding university course but also to a career in journalism, television, radio and film. It is also valued because it demonstrates an ability to analyse and process complex information.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carmel College, a Catholic Academy directly.