Military Preparation Academy (Entry to the Uniformed Services) - Level 1 Diploma (NCFE) at Blackpool and The Fylde College
This programme is ideal for anybody wanting to progress into a career within the Army or similar, i.e. RAF. This is a practical course that aims to develop skills and qualities needed for the armed forces such as communication, teamwork, discipline, self-reflection, problem solving, respect and independence.
The programme is made up of the following:
- NCFE Level 1 Diploma in Entry to the Uniformed Public Services
- Functional Skills in either English or Maths Entry 1 to Level 2- Level dependent on entry qualifications
- First Aid at Qualification
The programme is delivered over 3 days per week for 35 weeks from Sept to June and you will be based at Blackpool and the Fylde College Bispham Campus
You will cover the following:
- Employment Opportunities
- Well-being and Physical Fitness
- Teamwork Skills
- Developing Self-Discipline
- Map Reading and Navigation
- Adventurous Activities
No formal Qualifications or GCSEs with grades E - G
- Practical tasks
- Fitness Tests
- Interview and application forms
Opportunities for entry into the Army or related pathway, progression onto other further education courses in Uniformed Public Services, Sports or related areas.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Blackpool and The Fylde College directly.