Networking & Systems Support BTEC Level 3 90 Credit/Extended Diploma at Lambeth College
You will study the following topics:
- Communication and employability skills for IT
- Setting up and maintaining computer systems and recommending systems for business
- Network management – tools, technologies and functions
- Computer network systems, protocols and making networked systems secure
- Computer systems architecture - data representation and the principles of processor operations
- Software installation, upgrades and the handover process
- Organisational systems security and the impact of potential threats to IT systems
- Troubleshooting and repair, selecting and applying fault remedies
- Networked systems security relating to hardware and software and network attacks
- IT tools used to produce management information
- Implementing different forms of network communications
- Analysing business systems and designing business systems solutions
- Procedural programming features and the skills required to design, implement, test, document and review procedural programmes
- Object oriented programming and development and the skills required to design, implement, test, document and review object oriented programmes
- Designing and implementing event driven applications
- Project planning with IT
- Performing routine housekeeping on computer systems and monitoring and improving performance
- IT technical support
You will be required to complete a College initial and diagnostic assessment and have an interview.
In the assessment you will need to achieve a minimum of Level 2 in English or Maths.
You will be expected to have 5 GCSEs at C grade or above, including English or Maths, or equivalent vocational qualifications at Level 2.
To join or progress to the Extended Dilpoma you will need to pass the 90-Credit Diploma.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lambeth College directly.