Sport BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Wednesfield High Specialist Engineering Academy
The 60-credit BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma offers great flexibility through the units of study. It is broadly equivalent to one GCE A Level.
This qualification is designed to support progression to higher education.
Employers and professional bodies have also been involved and consulted to ensure that the content is appropriate for learners who may choose to enter employment directly in the sport sector.
Students cover a variety of units that help prepare them for a range of employment and further education opportunities.
The course is delivered in a number of ways including practical sessions and more classroom based theory work.
- Unit 1: Anatomy and Physiology: 20 weeks Students will look at a number of key areas including the skeleton, the muscular system, the cardio-respiratory system and the energy systems.
- Unit 3: Professional Development in the Sports Industry: 10 weeks Learners explore the knowledge and skills required for different career pathways in the sports industry. Learners will take part in, and reflect on, a personal skills audit, career action plan and practical interview assessment activities.
- Unit 2: Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being: 20 weeks Learners explore client screening and lifestyle assessment, fitness training methods and fitness programming to support improvements in a client’s health and wellbeing.
- Unit 7: Practical Sports Performance: 10 weeks Learners study the skills, techniques, tactics and rules of selected sports through active participation in individual/team sports.
Merit in Sport; C in GCSE Science
This course is 33% coursework, 67% external assessment which consists of one examination and one set task.
- You will complete 4 units in total
- Two Units will be completed in Year 12
- One internally assessed, coursework based unit and one externally assessed exam
- Two units will be completed in Year 13
- One internally assessed, coursework based unit and one externally assessed timed assessment
- Community Sports Coach
- Sports Development Officer
- Elite Sports Coach
- Physical Education Teacher
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Human Nutritionist
- Personal Trainer
- Sports Scientist
- Performance Analyst
- Adventure Sports Coach/Outdoor Activity Leader
- Sports Therapist
- Sports Marketing
- Facilities Manager
- Sports Entrepreneur
- Elite Level Performer
Elite Level Official Degrees are vast but can include:
- Sport and Exercise Science -University of Bath
- Sports Science and Physiology - University of Leeds
- Applied Sports Science -University of Edinburgh
- Sport Management - Loughborough University
- Sports Therapy - Edge Hill University
- Physical and Sport Education - St Mary’s University, Twickenham
- Physical Education and Youth Sport Coaching - Staffordshire University
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wednesfield High Specialist Engineering Academy directly.