Further Mathematics A Level at Paget High School
Similar content and assessment to AS and A level Mathematics, but can contain a proportion of optional content.
This course places an emphasis on higher order technical proficiency, rigorous argument and problem solving skills and so offers the opportunity to stretch and challenge students.
- AS and A level will be separate qualifications.
- An AS will no longer count towards an A level.
- Written examinations take place in summer each year (3 papers, each 2 hours).
- All assessments will be linear, with 100% examination.
- Grades are the familiar A level grades of A* to E.
- Students can pursue studies to degree level at university in a variety of subjects, particularly Mathematics, Engineering, the Sciences and Business and Finance.
- Opportunities in employment are widespread.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Paget High School directly.