Hi-Tech Electronic Engineering - Level 3 at South Devon College
By studying on the advanced Hi-Tech Electronic Engineering programme, you can expect to further develop the skills and abilities you will have learnt during the Level 2 apprenticeship, or from previous study or qualifications. Due to the advanced nature of this programme, you will be expected to take on more complex and technical procedures. You will be challenged to understand the complex technical foundations of the industry and will need to solve problems efficiently, whilst demonstrating the ability to participate in research and development when designing a new product.
What will I learn?
- Health and safety
- Project completion
- Further mathematics
- Mechanical principles
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Selection and application of PLC
- Principles and applications of devices and circuits
- Electrical technology
- Three phase motors and drives
- You will be required to have achieved Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to have achieved English at Level 1
- You must have completed an appropriate vocational qualification at Level 2
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
- You will be required to carry out an aptitude test
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.