Game & Wildlife Management - Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Easton & Otley College
This programme covers a range of skills and related practices required to carry out the main tasks of a Gamekeeper.
The objectives of the course are to ensure the development of practical skills, related background knowledge which will be learnt by carrying out various jobs throughout the seasons.
Programme Structure: The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 2 Diploma in Work Based Game and Wildlife Management
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Math’s
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- First Aid & 1 other additional employment related qualification
Course content includes:
- Establishing and rearing game birds
- Game shooting activities
- Practical pest control by trapping and shooting
- Monitoring game populations and their natural habitat
- Health and Safety
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 2 vocational qualification.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment
Block attendance at regular intervals over one year, supported with assessment in the workplace.
Apprentices successfully completing the Intermediate Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Game & Wildlife Management or other Further Education courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.