Level 2 Technical Theatre Apprenticeship at Leeds City College
Learners will be encouraged and supported to achieve their qualification goals. They will be assisted to improve their skills, knowledge and understanding in their vocational area and supported to enhance their future employability and meet the business needs.
By raising the employees' skills and competencies to improve the service delivery and provide business benefit to the organisation in relation to bottom-line benefits including: turnover, efficiency, retention, motivation and better value for money.
The Technical Theatre Apprenticeship has been designed with the help of employers to widen the poll of recruits for the industry and provide them with progress with specialist areas: Lighting, Sound & Stage to allow them to follow a career in the sector.
In order to achieve a full Apprenticeship you must successfully complete the different parts of the framework over 12 to 15 months.
This consists of sector related industry qualifications.
Competence qualifications available to this pathway:
Certificate in Technical Theatre support sound, Light and stage Level 2
- Keeping up to date with technical and production developments in the live arts
- Cleaning up own work area
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Contribute to good working relationships
- Awareness of health & safety in the creative and cultural sector
Optional Units in Lighting, Sound & Stage
These optional units are chosen by the employer to reflect your job role.
Optional Units (B) general:
- Contribute to the development of a sound brief in live performances
- Contribute to the planning of the requirements for production
- Set up and check sound equipment
- Rehearse sound requirements
- Fit wireless equipment for live performance
- Provide amplified sound for live performance
- Prepare props for live performance
- Assist with the running of a live performance
- Pre-set the stage and position scenic components during a live performance
- Contribute to the technical production of a live performance
- Contribute to the interpreting of design for sets and props
- Prepare flying equipment and components for set during a live performance
- Prepare special effects for live performance
- Prepare the operation of sound for live performance
- Operate sound for live performance
- Use drawings and specification to inform technical preparations for live performance
- Select and apply appropriate knots for securing loads in a live performance venue
- Support the implementation of rehearsals
- Ensure the safe and efficient loading and unloading of vehicles used within the entertainment industry
- Understanding the core knowledge needed by those who work with children and young people
Knowledge qualifications available to this pathway
Level 2 Award in Principles of the Creative and Cultural Skills
Functional Skills qualifications
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
- Level 1 Functional Skills in ICT
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
A rigorous recruitment and selections process is carried out to ensure that the aspiring apprentices are suited to enduring this exciting and challenging route of study. GCSE grade A-C in English and Maths would be an advantage.
However if you cannot provide evidence of this then you will be required to sit an online assessment test. Employment in a technical theatre environment.
A wide range of assessment methods are used in the workplace. Evidence reflects how you have carried out the process relating to your competence.
For example: The process that you carry out could be recorded in an observation or witness testimony. Products relating to your competence could be minutes of a meeting, e mails, letters, manufacturing instructions, photos and health and safety checks.
Different forms of questioning are carried out on an on-going part of the assessment process.
Apprenticeship routes can change throughout the year, keep up to date online
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.