Acting Level 3 Extended Diploma at North Hertfordshire College
Performing arts: you’ll develop knowledge and ability in acting, directing, script writing, musical theatre and backstage management. In terms of production, you’ll develop an understanding of lighting, sound, set construction and stage management. You’ll also look at performing arts in historical contexts, performing arts businesses, theatre for children and site specific performances.
Through this course you’ll learn about:
- Principles of performance
- Critical and contextual awareness
- Engaging with an audience
- Production skills and context
- Professional practice
- Performance skills and context
- Four GCSEs at grade C or above including English; or,
- Four GSCEs at grade C or above, plus functional skills level 1 English;
- A level 2 qualification in a relevant subject area, passed with a merit or distinction grade - plus English GCSE grade C or above, or functional skills level 2 English.
This course is assessed through assignments and projects - including a substantial final project at the end of the year. You’ll only sit exams if you’re also doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills.
please contact us on 014620424242 or visit our website for further information about tuition fees and student loans - www.nhc.ac.uk
Having successfully completed this course, you’ll be able to progress to:
- Higher level courses including HNDs
- Paid employment in the sector
- Dance school.
please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.