Hairdressing Level 2 Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
The Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing is a job ready qualification providing general skills and knowledge that employers expect of an entry level hair stylist. You will learn how to shampoo the hair, blow dry hair, set hair, cut hair, colour hair, advise and consult with clients, promote retail sales and communicate with colleagues.
- Working in the hair industry
- Health & Safety
- Client consultation for hair services
- Shampoo and condition the hair & scalp
- Promote products & services to clients in a salon
- Cut Women's hair
- Colour & Lighten hair
- Perm & neutralise hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Create an Image based on a theme
- Display stock to promote
City & Guilds qualifications are in the process of being changed at present, as soon as we have information confirmed we will update this course information.
Literacy and numeracy are an integral part of this course for those under 19 years. If you have not achieved GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in these subjects you be required to attend functional skills in Literacy (English) and numeracy (maths).
Additionally to enhance your employability your learning package will also include:
- Personal tutorial guidance and support services
- Preparation into employment or progression into another course, i.e. C.V writing and business advice
- Sessions with industry speakers from product companies and suppliers to the industry, ex-students and employers
- Opportunities to enrich your communication and people skills working in our community projects
- Regular commercial salon experience, honing your commercial treatment timings and building confidence in our salons
- Opportunities to attend other short services courses (payment required) to enhance your C.V, expand your treatment offer and give you every chance of employment.
4 GCSEs (grade A-D) or equivalent qualifications preferably including Maths and English. If you are under 18 you will have to study Maths and English if you don't already have
a grade C or above.
If you do not meet the entry requirement we will advise you on an alternative programme to suit your individual study needs.
Continual assessment throughout the course/Written assignments/Online tests/Practical assessments are undertaken on paying clients and must be completed in a commercially acceptable timescale/Portfolios of collated study evidence
In addition to timetabled classes there is provision for independent study time. Students will undertake independent learning, investigation and research and bring this to present and share in subsequent classes.
The hair and beauty industry is worth over £6 billion to the UK economy and is growing. it is a dynamic and creative sector with a wide variety of career opportunities, including
work in salons, spas, business and enterprise, film, television, fashion,training and product development.
Almost half of the people working in the sector are self-employed, making it one of the most entrepreneurial industries in the country and many of the sector professionals are keen to advance their skills through continued development.
Becoming part of Warwickshire College community will enable you to enjoy this exciting, prestigious and fast moving sector.
Progressions routes can be;
To open up more employment opportunities we would encourage you to progress onto a Level 3 programme which is seen by industry employers as a professional status.
Entry job roles with Level 2
Hair / Beauty Receptionist
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.