Applied Science BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at Hugh Baird College
This course covers biology, chemistry and physics. It will include microscopy, applied microbiology, chemical reactions, biochemistry, anatomy, physiology, chemical analytical techniques, genetics, electrical circuits, statistics, maths and radioactivity.
The programme also includes studying Maths and English towards GCSE grade A-C if you do not already have these grades. You will develop a portfolio of work which will be assessed.
- Principles and applications of science
- Science investigation skills
- Practical scientific procedures and techniques
- Laboratory techniques
- An investigative project
- Contemporary issues in science
In order to qualify for this course, you will need:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C including Double Award Science (at least CC), Maths (at grade A*-C) and English (at grade A*-D)
- Applied Science BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Merit or above.
Entry to all courses are subject to a successful interview, a satisfactory reference from your school or employer and evidence that you will be a committed student.
16 - 18 Years: Free
- Pharmaceutical Technician
- Analytical Laboratory Technician
If you are aged 16-19, this qualification will form a substantial part of your study programme. The study programme has been designed to ensure that young people are fully equipped and ready to move on to the world of work or higher level courses. In addition to your main qualification, will you also get the opportunity to undertake relevant and CV bolstering work experience out in your chosen industry. You will also be supported th
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.