Rugby Academy at Easton & Otley College
The sports academy pathway allows students to combine study for an academic qualification alongside their personal development as sports performers. The programme comprises a number of support services to performers including:
- Services of an appropriately qualified and experienced coach
- Sports psychology
- Access to injury prevention and rehabilitation services
- Nutritional advice/guidance and support
- Strength and conditioning training
A typical programme of study for a sports academy student would be as follows:
- BTEC Level 2 or 3 qualification
- A minimum of 4 hours coaching in your chosen sport
- 1 hour strength and conditioning
- Additional coaching or leadership qualifications
The Rugby Academy is a one or two year programme designed to give talented and motivated young rugby players the opportunity to develop their skills, fitness and knowledge while continuing in full-time education.
The Rugby pathway seeks to take talented young players and develop their skills to a higher level, whilst ensuring that they continue their academic studies at an appropriate level. There are extensive links with local clubs including North Walsham Vikings and Norwich RFC. Teams compete both locally and against other leading colleges within British Colleges Sport competitions. There are good links into the game at a high level as the college is the base for the Leicester Tigers regional development centre.
- Foundation degree in Sports Coaching at Easton Campus
- Other Higher Education courses
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.