Plumbing Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at New College Nottingham
Apprenticeships are a great way to learn and earn at the same time. If you know that you want to be in the plumbing trade and already have some experience then this Level 3 Apprenticeship can give you additional skills and knowledge to work in the professional plumbing trade. During your Apprenticeship you will be supported by both your employer and a team of professional assessors from New College Nottingham.
A Level 3 Plumbing Apprenticeship will enable you to be a professional plumber, providing you with the following skills and knowledge:
• Health and Safety legislation
• Maintain effective plumbing working relationships
• Contribute to the improvement of plumbing business products and services
• Plan complex domestic plumbing work activities
• Install complex domestic plumbing systems and components
• Commission and decommission complex domestic plumbing systems and components
• Service and maintain complex domestic plumbing systems and components
• Maintain a safe working environment when undertaking plumbing work activities
You will also study English, maths and ICT throughout the Apprenticeship to achieve minimum Level 2 standard. All apprentices complete a module covering employee rights and responsibilities too.
On this course you will be continually assessed – there will be no exam but instead you’ll be expected to submit a regular portfolio of work and produce a range of written assessments.
Your employer may request specific entry requirements to move into a Level 3 Plumbing Apprenticeship but in the main you MUST:
- have a Level 2 Plumbing Intermediate Apprenticeship NVQ
- Be aged 16 or over
- Have lived in the UK for the past three years
- Be employed in the trade and work a minimum of 30 hours per week
Observation/questioning/witness statement/professional discussion.
- A Higher Apprenticeship in Site Supervision which is the equivalent of degree level study may be possible following completion of a Level 3 Plumbing Apprenticeship
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact New College Nottingham directly.