Beauty Therapy VTCT Level 3 Diploma at Macclesfield College
This course combines practical skills and related theory to an advanced level. The majority of your learning will take place at the College in the Pure Salon, providing a real working environment. Additionally you will undertake work experience in an external Beauty Salon. The course will develop your communication and personal skills which are essential at this level, as well as the ability to promote and manage in a salon environment. This is an advanced qualification for anyone who wants to work as a Beauty Therapist. This course focuses on a range of technical skills within the beauty industry.
During the course you will study the following units:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Provide body electrical treatments
- Provide facial electrical treatments
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide electrical epilation treatments
- Provide Hot and Cold Stone Therapy
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skills in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade C or above. If you have achieved a grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths, you will engage in extending these skills through a Directed Study Programme.
For this course you will need to have achieved a Level 2 qualification in Beauty Therapy.
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
You will be assessed by a range of methods including practical observation, assignments and external written exams.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination.
You will need to purchase a uniform and a beauty kit for this course. You will be advised of these and their cost at your admissions interview.
On succesful achievement of this course you may wish to:
- Apply to study further courses specifically related to Beauty Therapy
- Pursue a career within the Beauty industry such as working in a spa or hotel
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Macclesfield College directly.