Travel & Tourism with Cabin Crew Level 2 Award at Reading College
Starts to develop your knowledge and understanding of the travel and tourism industry.
The qualification is run in conjunction with robust GCSE English and GCSE Maths courses to enable the student who wishes to work in the travel and tourism sector the knowledge and skill of Customer Service, Geography and Business. It also focuses on Tour Operators, Holiday Centres, Tourists Attractions, Hospitality as well as Aviation. All the tutors are subject specialists with first hand knowledge of the industry having worked there.
Project Based Learning
As part of your study plan, you will take part in a project which will be completed in teams across the year. This will require you to research and develop your knowledge of the world and support development of your professional and employability skills.
We work closely with the San Francisco Libre Association which is a town twinning organisation dedicated to working with Reading’s twin town of San Francisco Libre in Nicaragua.
How you learn
Teaching methods will vary throughout the course from lectures, presentation, demonstrations, workshops, tutorials and role plays.
Assessment methods will be through coursework (reports and assignments), presentations, role plays and team work as well as exams.
Learning will be undertaken through individual work, group/team work, study visits, presentations, research and mock interviews
- to meet like minded people on the course, people who are all interested in the industry as a whole
- excellent customer service skills which are transferable into any job in the future
- great experience in interviews and techniques used
- independence within self-study
- great teamwork skills and the ability to work on group project, planning and events
- also you will have access to great IT facilities, a world of resources and the opportunity to see the industry first hand due to the multiple study trips that are undertaken throughout the year
- you will also have access to experienced people currently working in different sectors of the industry through regular guest speakers
At Reading we have an excellent teaching team – all of whom have worked in the T & T industry and are well qualified. We have specialist teaching staff from the hospitality industry, a travel specialist and a specialist from the Aviation sector.
You will need to be organised, self-motivated and diligent to complete this course. It will involve elements of self-study as well as team work.
The entry requirements for the course are:
Four GCSE grade D and above, including English Language and maths, a General Foundation Course Merit or above, or 48 TRAC OCN credits plus Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 1.
£200 - compulsory trips - UK based
£400 - optional trip - Disneyland Paris to be paid before the end of September - trip November
£30 - compulsory uniform
Successful completion can lead to a relevant Level 3 course such as the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism or employment in the Travel and Tourism industry such as retail and business travel, tour operations, attractions and airlines/airports.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Reading College directly.