Religious Studies A Level at Alsager School
The AS course has two units:
Philosophy of Religion:
- The cosmological argument
- Religious experience
- Psychology and religion and atheism and postmodernism
World Religions and Christianity:
- Beliefs about God: The Trinity and salvation
- The scriptures
- Worship and way of life
The A2 course has two units:
Life, Death and Beyond:
- Religious and secular perspectives on the nature and value of human life
- Eschatological and apocalyptic teaching and attitudes discussing the end of the world
- Life after death
- John’s Gospel and its relationship to the Synoptic Gospels
- The nature, role and purpose of signs in John’s Gospel
Grade B or above at GCSE
Written exam: 2 x 1 hour 45 minutes written exams worth 90 marks each.
Written exam: 2 x 3 hour written exams worth 100 marks each.
The course encourages students to develop their critical and evaluative skills which will enable then to go on to Higher Education studying a wide range of courses such as Religious Studies, Theology, Philosophy, Law, Sociology and the Social Sciences.
This can lead to job opportunities in the following areas; business (particularly international business), counselling and social work, education, journalism, law, event planning, hospitality, or 100% Exam 100% Exam the service industry, the government, foreign service, or the Peace Corps, marketing and management, museums and the arts, non-profit or non-governmental organizations, publishing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Alsager School directly.