Sociology A Level at Highlands School
You will be developing practical research skills by means of designing, carrying out and analysing your own sociological research.
Sociology is suitable if you:
- want to explore and understand how society works
- enjoy debating and critically analysing social theory
- enjoy creating and carrying out social research
- want to use Sociology to move on to further studies in Higher Education or to support other qualifications.
2 units at AS Level, including:
- Unit 1 Families and Household
- Unit 2 Education
2 units at A2, including:
- Unit 3 Beliefs in Society
- Unit 4 Crime and Deviance
Grade B or better in a GCSE humanities subject or GCSE English
Written examinations including source material and essays
Sociology gives you a number of skills that can be useful in a variety or careers. It can also lead you into higher education courses such as Social Policy or Anthropology. Jobs in areas such as Marketing, Journalism, Social Research, teaching all require skills learnt from Sociology.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highlands School directly.