Horse Care City & Guilds Diploma Level 1 at Doncaster College
The course is designed for school leavers and adults who have some would like to gain experience in the care of horses and ideally have some riding experience. It will provide you with the skills and a vocational qualification so that you can work within the equine industry. You may be required to take an initial assessment in your riding ability.
- Safe and Effective working Practices
- Development Performance
- Assist with preparation for exercise and aftercare of horses
- Assist with feeding and watering horses
- Assist with putting on and taking off tack, and cleaning tack, rugs and mucking out and bedding down
- Assist with handling and restraint of horses
- Preparation for Excercise and After Care of Horses
- Maintain the health of horses
- Exercise horse under supervision
- (Riding) or Assist with exercise of horses (non ridden).
In addition to your course you will attend regular tutorials, complete a riding certificate and functional skills in Maths and English.
- Working at EL3 or above in Maths and English
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview.
This is a portfolio based assessment qualification. Assessments will be made on practical ability and knowledge and understanding of set criteria.
You may progress to higher level qualifications:
- Horse Care Level 2 Diploma
- Animal Care Level 2 Diploma
This qualification will provide opportunities in a variety of yards.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.