Get Started with Product Design with the AMRC TC and The Prince's Trust at The Prince's Trust
The Prince's Trust and the AMRC Training Centre are offering a 5 day opportunity for unemployed 16-25 year olds from South Yorkshire an opportunity to explore the world of engineering, manufacturing and product design with the AMRC using state of the art manufacturing facilities with all the latest technology including:
Learning how 3D Printers work
Exploring Virtual Reality (Virtual Welding)
Using CAD (Computer Aided Design)
Using CDC (Computer Numerical Control)
This opportunity can lead into Apprenticeships or further training to enable you into a LVL 3 opportunity.
On the Programme young people will:
· Spend a week in a state of the art manufacturing facility with all the latest technology.
· Work as a team to make and build a product a product using Computer Aided Design.
· Explore the world of virtual reality to look at engines.
· See a 3D Printer and manufacture machines in action.
· Try your hand at virtual welding and participate in practical workshops.
· Find out about careers in manufacturing.
· Meet with inspirational people the industry and current Apprentices at the AMRC Training Centre.
We have no required entry requirements but a passion / interest for this industry would be desired.
Even if you do not have the required qualifications for a LVL3 opportunity we would support you in achieving this and give you ample opportunities to apply for positions.
Apprenticeships with the AMRC Training Centre.
Apprenticeships / training with other organisations.
3 months support from The Prince's Trust to support you into Work, Education and or Training.
Degree level courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Prince's Trust directly.