Furniture Making Level 2 Apprenticeship at The City of Liverpool College
Our Apprenticeship and NVQ programmes will develop new or existing employees so you will be able to:
• Observe all Health & Safety requirements and work efficiently in the workplace
• Use of current machinery will be a common feature of this route.
• Included are a variety of products from kitchen units, furniture parts, to full units.
The following qualifications for this Apprenticeship are offered:
- NVQ level 2 Furniture Making (Onsite Competence Based Element )
- Level 2 Technical certificate/Diploma (In College Knowledge based element)
- Certificate in Furniture Production Level 2
Employment rights and responsibilities
- This part of the apprenticeship is covered in the Technical certificate/Diploma
- This element ensures that apprentices have the Numeracy level 1 and Literacy level 1 skills they need to function effectively in the workplace. Usually completed in Level 2 apprenticeships.
There are various pathways towards this qualification
- Technical certificate/Diploma level 2
Students must be employed within the industry. Students are required to take an initial assessment of literacy and numeracy and will need to achieve at least a high entry level or Level 1 (GCSE D-E standard) in both assessments for level 2 and level 2 (GCSE A-C standard) in both assessments for the level 3 programme.
An assessor is assigned to each student to provide guidance and support throughout the programme. NVQ assessment is carried out in the workplace
Important Note: All students are required to wear appropriate protective equipment in the workshops, including safety boots and overalls
Furniture/Cabinet Makers often move into other related trades such as, bench joinery, Bespoke Furniture manufacturing and installation. They may also want to move into the technical or supervisory side of the industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The City of Liverpool College directly.