Hospitality Supervision and Leadership - Level 3 Diploma at City of Oxford College
Aim for a supervisory or management position in the hospitality and catering industry with the Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership. It combines practical work with theory so you develop your skills in supervising staffing and job allocation in a restaurant environment.
You develop supervisory organisational time-management and people skills and you learn how to work under pressure. On successful completion you will gain the Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Leadership and Supervision.
On the course you learn how to:
• maintain health hygiene safety and security in the working environment
• contribute to the control of resources
• establish and develop positive working relationships
• supervise the work of staff
• maintain the food service
• supervise a function
• maintain the drink service
• manage your own time and responsibilities
You also have the opportunity to study the CIEH Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering. It’s a three-day intensive course for people who work at a supervisory level.
Applicants for a Level 3 programme will normally have:
- At least 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above (including some subjects related to the proposed area of study) and/or a completed Level 2 award
- The willingness to study for an additional Level 2 qualification in English and/or Maths
- If you are interested in a Level 3 programme and have alternative qualifications you would like us to consider please contact us with your details.
Applicants will be invited to attend an interview and complete an internal assessment. All students will have their literacy and numeracy needs supported within the programme.
Assessment of your practical skills is continuous and we test your theoretical knowledge too. Your tutor monitors your progress and offers advice and guidance so you achieve the most from your study.
You learn by taking an active role in the day-to-day running of our restaurant bar and functions and you attend theory sessions too.
Successful achievement can lead to supervisory and management positions in the hotel and catering industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Oxford College directly.