Accessibility links

Double Engineering Mechatronics at UTC Leeds

Course description

This Level 3 Technical Level Qualification is equivalent to two A Levels.

Course content

The Mechatronic Engineering course is split into 8 units:

1. Materials Technology and Science.
2. Mechanical Systems
3. Mathematics for Engineers
4. Engineering Design
5. Production and Manufacturing
6. Mechatronic Project Management
7. Mechatronic Control Systems
8. Programming for Engineers

Entry requirements

The entry requirements for UTC Leeds are 5 A*-C grades including English and Mathematics. If you do not think that this applies to you then please call us for more information.






There are 8 Units in total. 2 of these units are externally assessed by means of examination and make up 30% of the total mark. The other 70% is internally assessed based on the remaining 6 units.





Financial information

There are no costs involved in studying this course.





Future opportunities

All courses at UTC Leeds will allow progression to University, Apprenticeship or the world of work. You will be prepared academically and will have the skills needed for employment.





How to apply

You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.

Last updated date: 21 November 2017
Provider logo

Key information


  • More information
    • UTC Leeds offers an exciting new approach to education, where our students will experience a high-quality teaching and learning environment, studying in state-of-the-art facilities. They will follow a board academic curriculum with a focus on science, engineering and technology.

      I am delighted that you are thinking of joining us. At UTC Leeds you will be able to pursue your interest in science and technology whilst also studying for the traditional range of GCSEs. Our state-of-the-art facilities will allow you to experience the best quality academic curriculum alongside industry-standard vocational training.

      Our students will gain the academic qualifications needed to progress on to higher education or higher-level apprenticeships, while our close links with industry ensure our employer partners play a full role in ensuring that the skills and attributes developed by our students are directly transferable to their future career.

      This combination of academic excellence and vocational training will ensure our students can compete in the job market, making them stand out from the crowd as they take their first steps into the professional engineering world.

      Employer demand for skilled workers is also on the increase with the need for engineering apprentices and graduates expected to double over the coming years, offering our students a multitude of varied and challenging career opportunities.