Textile Design A Level at Knole Academy
The A Level in Fashion and Textiles allows students to build relelvant knowledge and skills required for higher education within textiles and fashion, but also gives students skills required for industry. The course is designed give students flexible opportunities to explore all areas of fashion and textiles in the forms of ; design, fabric manipulation, embellishment, construction, instillation, sculpture , pattern cutting, drapery and print design.
Each student will have the opportunity to develop their own individual textile identity within the project briefs. Students are able to explore fashion and textiles through exciting artist/designer based workshops and creative design briefs, alongside building visual and written communication skills and a technical skill base to industry standards.
- Component 1 :Personal investigation ( student choice individual problem solving project and essay )
- Mock externally set assignment ( theme decided by exam board)
- Component 1: Personal investigation (student choice, individual problem solving project and essay)
- Component 2: Externally set assignment (theme decided by exam board)
- Full course details can be found on the Edexcel websight : www.edexcel.com
Five or more GCSE qualifications at grade C (equivalent) or above including a B grade in an Art based subject.
- Personal investigation (60%)
- Mock externally set assignment with 15 hour period of sustained focus exam conditions
- Continue Personal investigation (60%)
- Externally set assignment with 15 hour period of sustained focus under exam conditions (40%)
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.