Jewellery Manufacture- Level 3 City and Guilds Diploma at Plumpton College
If jewellery is your passion and you’re looking to boost your skills, this is the course for you to take here at Plumpton, whether you’re leaving school, at college or even working in the industry.
Ideal to learn and develop your fine jewellery bench skills, it’s perfect if you’re looking to boost your career in the jewellery industry.
It’s a technical course, packed with units where you’ll discover how to draw and gain skills in jig making, metallurgy, and joining methods. You’ll also learn how to create more complex pieces and how to set gemstones by hand.
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that also includes a work placement. You’ll also continue your English and Maths up to GCSE level. Modules include:
- Gemstone setting
- Explore joining techniques
- Produce objects from drawings
- Produce tools and jigs
- You’ll need to have achieved 4 or more GCSEs between Grade A-C (new grades 9-4) including English, Maths and Science
- Successful completion of a related Level 2 qualification
- Mature students without the above requirements will be considered
- 16-18 exempt
- 16-18 exempt
- Cost for day students- £120 per year
- Cost for residential students- £200 per year
The facility fee is applicable to all our full time FE students and this is paid annually before you arrive for your enrolment and induction. This fee assists in providing non-educational facilities which include security, sports amenities, membership of the Sports and Social Club, minibuses, Wi Fi access, television room, on-site medical support and free car parking subject to availability.
For students aged 19 plus please contact Admissions for further fee information:
This course will help you develop all of the practical skills you’ll need to build your career within the jewellery industry or whether you’d like to have your own self-employed jewellery business.
Course duration is 3 days per week for 1 year.Facilities
- We’ve made sure that our metalsmithing and blacksmithing facilities are first class here at Plumpton; investing heavily in state of the art equipment in our workshop for you to use.
- You’ll work closely with your tutors as you develop your skills in design, drawing, metalworking and silver jewellery.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.