Business and Administration Apprenticeship Level 2 at New College Nottingham
Study the Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship and develop a whole range of administration skills, from secretarial, PA and filing to finance
This course will set you up for a whole host of careers and will help you get to grips with the way a business operates and how all the functions work together. You will develop excellent organisational and customer service skills and will gain a good understanding of the way a busy office functions.
This is a work-based course so can start at any time during the academic year.
This apprenticeship consists of the following qualifications:
- Edexcel Business & Administration NVQ Level 2
- Technical Certificate in Business & Administration Level 2
- Key skills - communication level 2 (unless exempt)
- Key Skills - application of number level 1 (unless exempt)
- Employment responsibilities & rights
Apprentices will develop a range of general administration skills which could include the following, depending on the workplace:
- Health and safety
- Customer relations
- Managing diary systems
- Organising business travel and accommodation
- Dealing with visitors
- Processing customer financial transactions
- Operate credit control procedures
- Filing and archiving information
- Organising and supporting meetings
- Using IT software - word processing, databases, spreadsheets, powerpoint
- Using specialist bespoke IT systems
- Operating office equipment
- Preparing text from notes and/or shorthand
- Preparing text from notes and/or audio transcription
- Producing documents
- Working effectively with other people
- Personal development in the workplace
- Be aged 16 or over
- Not be in full-time education or on any other training programme
- Have lived in the UK for the past three years
There are no formal entry requirements for any level, however the employer may stipulate entry qualifications when recruiting an apprentice to a particular job role.
Students will be expected to have a contract to work a minimum of 30 hours per week. This must be paid employment. However, you can still apply for this course if you are actively seeking employment, but this must be in place before you can commence the training.
As there may be different entry requirements for apprenticeships, depending on the occupational sector, all students are required to have an initial assessment test
The work that you undertake in your work and theory questions will be continually assessed throughout the qualification by an Assessor who will visit
you in your work place.
You will keep a portfolio of evidence generated from your work to meet the requirements set for the mandatory and optional units of the qualification.
If you would like to find out more about how this could unfold for you, our advisors are on hand to help – just click the Contact an Advisor option to the right.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact New College Nottingham directly.