Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) at All Saints School
EPQ is an exciting qualification that allows students to pursue their own academic interests to AS Level. Students decide on the topic of study, set their own assessment question and work independently towards producing a final piece - either a dissertation, field study, original artefact or a performance.
Universities have responded very favourably to the introduction of EPQ as they feel it allows students to demonstrate key skills that they will need when they begin undergraduate study. EPQ carries UCAS points and is the only AS Level in which it is possible to achieve A*.
EPQ is a highly rewarding qualification that allows students to set their own academic agenda, pursue areas of particular interest and go beyond the boundaries of exam specifications.
Previous project titles include:
* Is English killing the French language?
* How have counter terrorism measures post 9/11 challenged international human rights?
* Is the work of Lord Byron relevant to the 21st Century?
* A play investigating the experiences of teenage sufferers of eating disorders
* How has football developed into a multi-million pound industry?
* How faithful were the Bolsheviks to Marxist ideas?
GCSE Average Grade Score of 40 or more, plus at least Grade B in GCSE English.
This is as an additional option to your main choices. Do not select it as an option on your application form.
For further details on entry requirements and to calculate your GCSE Score, please click here
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact All Saints School directly.