Carpentry and Joinery L1 Diploma at North Lindsey College
This course is for those wanting to enter into the trade area of carpentry and joinery. You will be working towards the Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery. You will learn how to form basic woodworking joints, use and maintain hand tools and set up and use power tools. You will also learn about the principles of construction and, very importantly, health, safety and welfare in construction.
You will be working towards the Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery, comprising
of the following units:
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Produce basic woodworking joints
- Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Health, safety and welfare in Construction.
Those students who have already achieved GCSE English and Maths at grades A-C will have the opportunity to develop skills in other trade areas.
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above, which must include English and Maths
- College interview
You will achieve your qualification by completing graded practical activities and answering question papers throughout the course, producing a portfolio of evidence. These will be marked by the teaching staff who are all registered assessors. You will also be required to pass two externally set and marked multi-choice exams.
On successful completion learners may progress onto the Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery, subject to recommendation by the tutor.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.