Professional Cookery Level 2 Diploma at Walsall College
The ideal course for individuals looking to work as a commis/chef or to progress to Level 3. The course combines hands-on experience with the study of a variety of related aspects ranging from cost analysis to menu planning.
The course comprises of sixteen units which cover in detail a number of food preparation techniques as well as other essential knowledge such as understanding and analysing catering costs and planning menus.
You will gain valuable hands-on experience serving members of the public in Jerome’s Restaurant and at Cheltenham Racecourse. There will also be opportunities to go on trips to food shows and festivals.
Your timetable will consist of the following sessions:
- Commercial time
- Practical skills workshops
- Theory workshop
- Tutorial and one to ones
- Functional Skills
- Initial assessment: Level 1 VRQ / NVQ in Cookery based qualification or vocational experience
- Literacy Entry level 3 & Numeracy Entry level 3
- Current attendance record: 95% attendance and excellent punctuality
- Applicants who do not have current attendance records must supply a current character reference
- Practical Dexterity
The qualification can be obtained by achieving assessments through practical sessions, written assignments. You will also have the opportunity to work in the commercial environment where you'll practice and demonstrate your skills.
Progression onto Level 3 Advanced, Diploma in Professional Cookery, Kitchen and Larder, or Level 3, Apprenticeship in Hospitality and Catering
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Walsall College directly.