Health & Social Care BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma at Alec Reed Academy
BTEC’s in Health and Social Care have been developed to:
• Give opportunities for health and social care students to achieve a nationally-recognised qualification
• Give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the health and social care sector or to progress to higher level vocational qualifications
• Give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
The Edexcel BTEC Health and Social Care Courses at KS5 require two years of academic study to complete. The main courses offered are the Level 3 Diploma or the Level 3 Extended Diploma. However it may be possible to take lower level 3 courses such as the Level 3 National Foundation Diploma.
You will learn through a combination of:
• Classroom lessons
• Tutorials • Independent Study
• Work Placement
• Practical Activities Support can be provided to all students on disclosure of any additional needs.
4 GCSEs A*-C including a 4 in English and Maths
In order to pass the course you will be required to take written exams and complete coursework.
1080 GLH, equivalent in size to three A Levels. 13 units of which 8 are mandatory and 4 are external. Mandatory content (72%). External assessment (42%))
This qualification has been designed to be the only qualification in a two-year, full-time study programme; it is an in-depth study of the health and social care sector. It supports progression to health and social care related degrees.
There are many diferent pathways which you can pursue following your studies in Health and Social Care. There are a range of workplace environments in which you can put your skills to use for example in people’s homes, residential care units, in homeless shelters and in young offenders institutes. Individuals also have the opportunity to specialise in one specific area of social issues such as domestic violence and mental health.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Alec Reed Academy directly.