Electrical Installation EAL Level 3 Diploma at Derwentside College
This qualification allows the learner to acquire advanced underpinning knowledge and related skills of electrical installation.
It provides the learner an opportunity to practice and be assessed in a secure environment on the installation and testing of electrical equipment together with the relevant theory of electrical installation to the current edition of the wiring regulations.
The qualification has mandatory and optional units.
The mandatory units cover
- electrical installation design
- environmental technology systems
- electrical science and principles
- electrical installation craft
- inspection, testing, commissioning
- diagnosing and correcting electrical faults.
The optional units cover
- overseeing and organising the work environment
- requirements of BS7671:2008 (2011)
- and small scale solar photovoltaic systems.
To join a Level 3 programme you will need a minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above, to include English Language, Maths or Science.
The assessment involves on-screen examinations, practical assessments and a theory assignment.
An Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation or Higher Education
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derwentside College directly.